Ruffled wrap dress

Another post that had to wait for several months to be published... sorry...

This year I´ve decided to discuss with my daughter who was going to celebrate her 6th birthday what kind of dress would please her. She always wants to choose the fabric but her choice is not always approved by her mom :-D.













This time I asked her to say what she likes and dislikes about the dresses. And I found out that the most of all she loves the skirts that twirl!
So I decided to make her a circle skirt that will shoot out full circle when it twirls!


I followed the Ruffled wrap dress tutorial by Craftiness is not optional and I made a dress my princess loves! The tutorial is really very clear and the sewing was fun and easy. Thanks, Jess! I love all of your tutorials!

The dress has ruffles around the neck and it is closed by a button on each side of the skirt. The ribbon is primarily decorative and was chosen by my model, as well.
She loves especially the circle skirt, of course. As it is the wrap dress, I used a circle and a half to make it. It´s really a consuming model :-)

It is very practical as it is easy to wrap. For a child it is much easier to put on than a dress with an opening on her back.

 My daughter put that dress for her birthday party:
I wish you all a lovely day and happy sewing!

Zuzana

Comments

Popular Posts