Jaanu dress



Hello everybody!

You haven't heard from me for ages, I know. Well, I am back, safe and sound and ready to blog again. I've been quite busy recently with the kids, our new home and other... not publishing any more posts... however, I was sewing a bit, of course. Sewing and crocheting as well. Yes, crocheting! Some time ago I said I could never crochet, I didn't have patience for that. Well, maybe patience is growing with age... who knows? ;-)

Today I will show you the spring dress I made for my princess. It's made in heavy fabric, so it can be worn in winter, as well, with a pair of boots and a nice coat.




It can be worn on a tee, a turtleneck jumper or a blouse.




It has a long zipper on the back.


And there are 6 box pleats on the skirt...


... and an inseam pocket on each side.




I got that fabric from my mother who´s been storing it for many years. When I was about the age of my daughter, she made a dress for me in this fabric and the rest of it had been waiting in her stash for years until she decided not to sew any more and passed it to me. Immediately, I knew I would sew a dress for my daughter that would remind me of the dress my mother made for me :-)



How I love to see her happy and cheerful!



I used the pdf pattern by Straight Grain called Jaanu. As An explains “Jaanu is Hindi for sweetheart, and refers to the little girls we love to sew for so dearly.“ The pattern comes in two versions, I made the Norah version. The patterns is really nice and the step-by-step instructions are easy to follow.


Well, I hope to see you soon, if my daughter is still willing to pose and the weather stays nice...

Happy sewing!

Zuzana

Comments

Popular Posts