Izzy dress


Do you remember the Izzy top I made last summer?

When I tried the Izzy top pattern for the first time several months ago, I knew it was not my last version. I loved the way it turned out and I was looking forward to make another one. The pattern was so quick and the instructions were so clear... If you do not know that FREE pattern yet, I recommend you to give it a try!

This time I used it to sew a breezy summer dress. I made just a few modifications: 

1/ it is longer of course...
2/ I added three little black buttons on the upper part and a big pocket on one side. I also put a little button on the pocket as well as some vintage lace.


3/ The lace on the bottom:
4/ And the fabric flower with the same button at the center:
One more button on the back of course:


My daughter likes the dress although yellow is not her favorite color... She could not wear it much this summer however, as I made it at the end of summer when she was away on holiday. When she came back home, summer was almost over (at least in Brussels). Nevermind, as you can see, it´s long enough to be wearable next summer!






I hope you like it.

Happy sewing.

Zuzana

Comments

Xoxo Grandma said…
Well, I love yellow! The dress you made is darling!

Popular Posts