Simple pompom dress

This is a very simple dress. I used (for the first time!) the pattern from 5 & 10 designs e-book (Volume 1).
The basic pattern is so simple that it leaves space to your imagination... You can modify it according to your wishes, the material used, the season and the occasion.
I wanted to sew a simple summer dress, so I used the basic pattern. The only change I made was adding the pompom trim, which made a big difference in the eyes of a 6-year-old!
I put the cap sleeves.

I decided for the contrasting buttons on the back.

The skirt is cut a bit tight as I did not have much fabric. However, I like the effect, it´s less fluffy that makes it look more casual. However, there is an underskirt in tulle (to make my daughter smile).
Well, what do you think?
The only thing I do not really like is the little slot on the back, on the upper part of the skirt. Next time I will use a different method, I think...

CU soon and happy sewing!

Zuzana

Comments

Smichkine said…
C'est mignon comme tout
You have certainly reached the desired effect - your gorgeous girl is smiling :) What 6 year old would not smile when they have pompoms and tulle on their dress? Love the contrasting buttons too :)

Popular Posts